.The landscape by the village is dominated by the stately ruins of Dalquharran Castle, a mansion designed by Robert Adam for Thoma Kennedy of Dunure, dating from 1790 and extended in 1880. The remains of an earlier castle lie nearby and this too was once a seat of a branch of the Kennedy family.
Old Dailly, about 4 miles distant from ‘New Dailly’ is represented by a ruined, roofless church and associated graveyard which contains the burials and a monument to two Covenanter martyrs, John Semple and Thomas McClorgan, who were shot in 1685, Two large Blue stones are contained within an enclosure of the church’s north wall. These are the known as the Blue Stones of Dailly, one of which is called a ‘charter stone’ in some writings. These stones are famed for their colour and roundness, are hard to lift and to do so was considered a test of strength.