Carrick History Society
Comman Eachdraidh Charraige

Pinmore and Pinwherry

These two small settlements are linked in a modern Community Council.

Although no ancient chapels now exist, place-name evidence suggests that in Pinmore was dedicated to All Saints (Hallow) and at Pinwherry St Ninian provided the dedication. Pinmores Episcopal church was built as a private chapel for Pinmore House in 1878 but is now private property. The late 16th c. tower-house of Pinwherry, built for one of the numerous branches of the Kennedy clan, is now a roofless ruin.